Senior Software Engineer (DevOps), Development & DeploymentMinneapolis, MN
The future of the automotive industry is in connectivity, software, and services – and Autonomic is leading the charge. Autonomic created the Transportation Mobility Cloud (TMC) to provide automakers and developers with the first cloud platform specifically designed for the world’s automotive industry. Working closely with Ford Motor Company, we are combining the best of both worlds – Autonomic’s progressive approach to technology and Ford’s incredible and global scale – to enable the kind of driver experiences and business models that move us all forward.With over 13 million vehicles currently connected to the TMC and 10 billion signals being processed per day, our platform is a leading connected vehicle platform. We are shaping the future of mobility and would love to meet you. Join our innovative team to help create new possibilities for every vehicle on the road! Autonomic was founded in 2016 and acquired in 2018. Autonomic is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company.
About Our Development & Deployment (DevOps) Team
Our team enables Autonomic engineers to iterate faster and continually ship high-quality software with confidence.
We support the tools used for all stages of software development. We create and manage the automation that all Autonomic teams use to quickly start new projects, build and test their software, and continually deploy. We also maintain several best practices that teams leverage.
We aim to automate the tedious things that prevent good ideas from seeing the light of day.
- Empower TMC development and operations teams by providing common patterns for bootstrapping, deploying, monitoring, and observing a wide array of microservices
- Build tools (in Python, Bash, or Go, among others) to help streamline everyday tasks
- Find existing tools to solve our problems, as well as identify when we should invest in building our own
- Automate deployment strategies with Kubernetes (rolling updates, blue-green, etc.) for continual software delivery.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of teams, helping them identify the tools and patterns to help them quickly achieve their goals
- Build great software in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Design, architect and build, document, test, and maintain scalable, secure CI/CD flows
- Look for opportunities to automate processes to enable more streamlined workflows
- Automate cloud infrastructure to support integration testing and production environments
- Be responsive in our support channel and participate in our on-call PagerDuty rotation
- Masters or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Minimum of 3 (5 for senior) years of programming experience in a professional environment with a bachelor's Degree
- Passionate about Continuous Build, Integration, and Delivery systems
- Working experience with source control systems
- Working experience with CI/CD systems
- Working experience with building applications/services in Python, Java, or Go
- These are the languages our teams use, and we support
- Working experience in shell scripting
- Working experience with containerization and clustering technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Kustomize)
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Excellent written communication skills, we write lots of guides on how to get things done
- Good interpersonal communication skills, we support all of the engineering teams at Autonomic, and you will be working with a diverse group of co-workers to solve interesting problems.
- Experience building high-performance distributed systems
- Experience with Golang, Python
- Experience using Terraform
- Experience with Tekton
- Experience with cluster-level operations on Kubernetes
- Understand how applications are built using Spring/Java with Maven
- Experience with Code Analysis tools
Job Title For This Position
Our job positions are broken down internally based on job competencies that are specific to each role. Should you be hired with us, the job title that you are hired under may therefore differ slightly from what is advertised in this job posting to best align with the competencies of the role and your specific background and experience.
Our Statement Regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity
Autonomic is committed to equal opportunity in employment and to fostering a diverse workforce, free from harassment and discrimination, in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity.
Autonomic does not discriminate on the basis of any grounds prohibited by applicable laws. Autonomic’s equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination policies apply to all employees, all applicants for employment, and all aspects of the employment relationship.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes, where needed, are available upon request. Please let us know if you need assistance completing or participating in the application process.
We consider diversity in our workforce to be an invaluable asset, and we strive to provide an inclusive work environment in which different ideas, perspectives, and beliefs are respected. It is the duty of every employee to assist Autonomic in maintaining this culture of inclusion.
Applicants who receive a job offer will undergo background checks. Autonomic complies with applicable laws regarding background checks, and applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain and correct any criminal history background information during the hiring process.
By submitting an application, I hereby certify that:
- I accurately disclosed all relevant information on this application and will, in the future, provide accurate information throughout the hiring process.
- I understand that any false statement, representation or omission of requested information may result in disqualification from employment with Autonomic, or, if discovered after I am hired, termination of employment.
- I understand the application is not an employment agreement, that (for U.S. locations only) employment with Autonomic is at will, and that employment is conditioned upon receipt of satisfactory background checks and provision of documentary proof of my legal right to work in the US or Canada, as applicable.