Senior Software Engineer, Inventory ManagementMinneapolis, MN
Autonomic’s open, cloud-based platform — the Transportation Mobility Cloud — will connect the diverse components of urban mobility systems — connected vehicles, mass transit, pedestrians, city infrastructure and service providers — with the goal of orchestrating a safer, more efficient and sustainable transportation network.
Autonomic is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company.
About Our Inventory Management Team
The Inventory Management team is responsible for creating the infrastructure that enables our customers to register millions of vehicles and connectivity devices to the TMC, providing simple to use self-service APIs and event feeds, curating the different types of supported data sources for each vehicle and creating scalable services that enable the platform to operate real-time services for the world's largest Automotive OEMs.
- Deliver on the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the development and refinement of our platform’s services
- Participate in all aspects of the product life cycle: design, architect, development, deployment, and operations
- Build, document, test, and maintain scalable and secure high performance distributed systems that solve large scale engineering challenges
- Continuously improve existing code, infrastructure, and operational processes
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Acquire a deep understanding of technologies, services, and architecture of Autonomic’s products
- Collaborate with people in your team and across a broad variety of job functions
- Encourage, mentor, and coach members of your team
- Identify, support, and lead cases for change
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of programming experience in a professional environment
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Comprehensive understanding of software systems, including the compiler/JVM/garbage collection, distributed systems, optimizers compilers
- 5 years of experience building and designing high performance distributed systems solving large scale engineering challenges
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment using agile software practices
- Extremely focused with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Exhibit flexibility, prioritization, and the ability to multitask
- Self-directed, take initiative, and excellent project management skills
- Professional, friendly, and approachable at all times
- Sound understanding of object-oriented, functional, and reactive programming principles
- 2+ years of experience building and designing high performance distributed systems solving large scale engineering challenges.
- 2+ years of experience with components of our tech stack: Spring, gRPC, Kafka, Postgres, Kubernetes
- Hands on experience with AWS, GCP or any public cloud platform
- Familiarity with Spring/Java microservices
- Experience building application in the transportation industry
- 2+ years of experience with mentoring engineers
- 2+ years experience as a technical lead on a product team
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is passionate about shaping the future of connected vehicles at Autonomic!
Job Title For This Position
Our job positions are broken down internally based on job competencies that are specific to each role. Should you be hired with us, the job title that you are hired under may therefore differ slightly from what is advertised in this job posting to best align with the competencies of the role and your specific background and experience.
Our Statement Regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity
Autonomic is committed to equal opportunity in employment and to fostering a diverse workforce, free from harassment and discrimination, in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity.
Autonomic does not discriminate on the basis of any grounds prohibited by applicable laws. Autonomic’s equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination policies apply to all employees, all applicants for employment, and all aspects of the employment relationship.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes, where needed, are available upon request. Please let us know if you need assistance completing or participating in the application process.
We consider diversity in our workforce to be an invaluable asset, and we strive to provide an inclusive work environment in which different ideas, perspectives, and beliefs are respected. It is the duty of every employee to assist Autonomic in maintaining this culture of inclusion.
Applicants who receive a job offer will undergo background checks. Autonomic complies with applicable laws regarding background checks, and applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain and correct any criminal history background information during the hiring process.
By submitting an application, I hereby certify that:
- I accurately disclosed all relevant information on this application and will, in the future, provide accurate information throughout the hiring process.
- I understand that any false statement, representation or omission of requested information may result in disqualification from employment with Autonomic, or, if discovered after I am hired, termination of employment.I understand the application is not an employment agreement, that (for U.S. locations only) employment with Autonomic is at will, and that employment is conditioned upon receipt of satisfactory background checks and provision of documentary proof of my legal right to work in the US or Canada, as applicable.