Technical Support EngineerPortland, OR
Autonomic’s open, cloud-based platform — the Transportation Mobility Cloud will connect the diverse components of urban mobility systems — connected vehicles, mass transit, pedestrians, city infrastructure and service providers — with the goal of orchestrating a safer, more efficient and sustainable transportation network.
Autonomic is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Smart Mobility.
Our Technical Support Engineers
Are responsible for ensuring our customers receive a consistent and exceptionally positive support experience at all times. This is not your typical technical support position, rather we are looking for highly technical individuals responsible for supporting other highly technical engineers. This leads to major growth opportunities throughout the organization. The primary focus of this role will be on maintaining uninterrupted, optimal performance of the TMC at all times across a multitude of diverse integrations. You should enjoy tackling unobvious and highly technical problems with time-sensitive clients of varying technical expertise and logically implementing solutions that ensure concentrated issues are not repeated. The support team will work closely with our engineering team to minimize the flow of customer interactions. This position is located within the Customer Support department of Autonomic and reports to the Director of Global Customer Support.
- Leverage and interpret technical specifications and requirements in providing highly technical support of the TMC platform, while coordinating timely updates via multiple customer interaction points, including e-mail, chat and telephone.
- Diligently manage client cases within ZenDesk and communicate any perceived delays to management immediately upon identification
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure timely resolutions and adequate follow-up with clients
- Analytically assess issues and follow proper escalation paths within the overall organization
- Work closely with L3 engineering and Customer Success to mitigate current and potentially impending technical issues
- Assist in the design and architecture of external and internal facing tools to improve upon overall supportability
- Assist in the development of both an external and internal facing knowledge base
- Assist other department employees in troubleshooting difficult or time-sensitive problems
- Participate in an on-call rotation triaging high severity cases after hours
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Global Customer Support
- Masters or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
- 2+ years in a similar customer facing technical support role
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills to analyze problems at all levels
- Experience working with advanced software issues that require root cause analysis
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and ability to speak to a wide range of audiences with a variety of technical understanding
- Highly dependable, self-starter, high energy, positive attitude with good organization and time management skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and deal with ambiguity
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet required deadlines
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is passionate about shaping the future of connected vehicles at Autonomic!
Job Title For This Position
Our job positions are broken down internally based on job competencies that are specific to each role. Should you be hired with us, the job title that you are hired under may therefore differ slightly from what is advertised in this job posting to best align with the competencies of the role and your specific background and experience.
Our Statement Regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity
Autonomic is committed to equal opportunity in employment and fostering a diverse workforce, free from harassment and discrimination, in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Autonomic does not discriminate on the basis of any grounds prohibited by applicable laws. Autonomic’s equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination policies apply to all employees, all applicants for employment, and all aspects of the employment relationship.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes, where needed, are available upon request. Please let us know if you need assistance completing or participating in the application process.
We consider diversity in our workforce to be an invaluable asset, and we strive to provide an inclusive work environment in which different ideas, perspectives, and beliefs are respected. It is the duty of every employee to assist Autonomic in maintaining this culture of inclusion.
Applicants who receive a job offer will undergo background checks. Autonomic complies with applicable laws regarding background checks, and applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain and correct any criminal history background information during the hiring process.
By submitting an application, I hereby certify that:
- I accurately disclosed all relevant information on this application and will, in the future, provide accurate information throughout the hiring process.
- I understand that any false statement, representation or omission of requested information may result in disqualification from employment with Autonomic, or, if discovered after I am hired, termination of employment.
- I understand the application is not an employment agreement, that (for U.S. locations only) employment with Autonomic is at will, and that employment is conditioned upon receipt of satisfactory background checks and provision of documentary proof of my legal right to work in the US or Canada, as applicable.