Software Engineer III, IoT ConnectivityOrlando, FL
**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE**
Autonomic’s Transportation Mobility Cloud, our open, cloud-based platform, will connect the diverse components of urban mobility systems (connected vehicles, mass transit, pedestrians, city infrastructure and service providers) in order to orchestrate a safer, more efficient, and sustainable transportation network.
Autonomic is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ford Smart Mobility.
About Our Connectivity Team
Our team builds the infrastructure and services that serve as the front door for millions of connected vehicles to the tmc. We consistently process thousands of operations a second to and from vehicles at sub-hundred millisecond latency. We are constantly engineering new ways to improve our resiliency, reliability, scalability, and stability as we prepare to go from 2 million concurrently connected vehicles to 10 million. Our team will play a large role in defining and creating the interfaces for the next generation of connected vehicles.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree
- 5+ years of experience programming and building scalable software in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- 2+ years of experience working with microservices
- 2+ years of experience designing, building and owning gRPC services
- 1+ year experience designing, building and owning production deployments in data processing and messaging systems such as Kafka, Apache Pulsar
- 2+ years of experience in Cloud Platforms, such as AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with Spring/Java/Kotlin microservices
- Experience building application in the transportation industry
Job Title For This Position
Our job positions are broken down internally based on job competencies that are specific to each role. Should you be hired with us, the job title that you are hired under may therefore differ slightly from what is advertised in this job posting to best align with the competencies of the role and your specific background and experience.
Our Statement Regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity
Autonomic is committed to equal opportunity in employment and fostering a diverse workforce, free from harassment and discrimination, in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Autonomic does not discriminate on the basis of any grounds prohibited by applicable laws. Autonomic’s equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination policies apply to all employees, all applicants for employment, and all aspects of the employment relationship.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes, where needed, are available upon request. Please let us know if you need assistance completing or participating in the application process.
We consider diversity in our workforce to be an invaluable asset, and we strive to provide an inclusive work environment in which different ideas, perspectives, and beliefs are respected. It is the duty of every employee to assist Autonomic in maintaining this culture of inclusion.
Applicants who receive a job offer will undergo background checks. Autonomic complies with applicable laws regarding background checks, and applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain and correct any criminal history background information during the hiring process.
By submitting an application, I hereby certify that:
- I accurately disclosed all relevant information on this application and will, in the future, provide accurate information throughout the hiring process.
- I understand that any false statement, representation or omission of requested information may result in disqualification from employment with Autonomic, or, if discovered after I am hired, termination of employment.
- I understand the application is not an employment agreement, that (for U.S. locations only) employment with Autonomic is at will, and that employment is conditioned upon receipt of satisfactory background checks and provision of documentary proof of my legal right to work in the US or Canada, as applicable