Cloud ArchitectTempe, AZ
Autonomic’s open, cloud-based platform — the Transportation Mobility Cloud — will connect the diverse components of urban mobility systems — connected vehicles, mass transit, pedestrians, city infrastructure and service providers — with the goal of orchestrating a safer, more efficient and sustainable transportation network.
Autonomic is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company.
About Our Architecture Team
Our team ensures that conversations are happening across Autonomic - not always initiating them, nor always helping to focus or navigate them, but ensuring they do happen and guiding when needed. We also work to define the long-term vision for our platform.
- Work closely with engineering teams on designing services at a global scale
- Active Participation in Autonomic Architecture Advisory Forum
- Collaborate actively with engineering teams as needed to help services achieve next levels of scale and address current limitations.
- Prototype initial implementations of key services and architectural patterns
- Contribute to architecture and design of next generation services as needed
- Actively stay abreast relevant technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years of experience building and/or architecting cloud computing solutions (e.g., applications, infrastructure, storage, platforms, data)
- Detailed understanding and experience with:
- Kafka and large scale, horizontally scaled, global real-time streaming infrastructure.
- gRPC and Protobuf
- 5+ years of experience building and architecting globally distributed cloud platforms
- Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries, build relationships, and achieve broader organizational goals.
- Experience building cloud solutions with Java.
- Experience building, architecting, designing, and implementing highly-distributed global cloud-based systems, and experience in network infrastructure, security, data, or application development.
- Experience with structured Enterprise Architecture practices.
- Knowledge of technology solutions and an understanding of large-scale computing solutions and the enterprise technology buying and evaluation process.
- Ability to learn/work with emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is passionate about shaping the future of connected vehicles at Autonomic!
Job Title For This Position
Our job positions are broken down internally based on job competencies that are specific to each role. Should you be hired with us, the job title that you are hired under may therefore differ slightly from what is advertised in this job posting to best align with the competencies of the role and your specific background and experience.
Our Statement Regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity
Autonomic is committed to equal opportunity in employment and to fostering a diverse workforce, free from harassment and discrimination, in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity.
Autonomic does not discriminate on the basis of any grounds prohibited by applicable laws. Autonomic’s equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination policies apply to all employees, all applicants for employment, and all aspects of the employment relationship.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes, where needed, are available upon request. Please let us know if you need assistance completing or participating in the application process.
We consider diversity in our workforce to be an invaluable asset, and we strive to provide an inclusive work environment in which different ideas, perspectives, and beliefs are respected. It is the duty of every employee to assist Autonomic in maintaining this culture of inclusion.
Applicants who receive a job offer will undergo background checks. Autonomic complies with applicable laws regarding background checks, and applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain and correct any criminal history background information during the hiring process.
By submitting an application, I hereby certify that:
- I accurately disclosed all relevant information on this application and will, in the future, provide accurate information throughout the hiring process.
- I understand that any false statement, representation or omission of requested information may result in disqualification from employment with Autonomic, or, if discovered after I am hired, termination of employment.
- I understand the application is not an employment agreement, that (for U.S. locations only) employment with Autonomic is at will, and that employment is conditioned upon receipt of satisfactory background checks and provision of documentary proof of my legal right to work in the US or Canada, as applicable