(Pro-Serv) Sr. Software Engineer, Customer SolutionsBoston, MA
The future of the automotive industry is in connectivity, software, and services – and Autonomic is leading the charge. Autonomic created the Transportation Mobility Cloud (TMC) to provide automakers and developers with the first cloud platform specifically designed for the world’s automotive industry. Working closely with Ford Motor Company, we are combining the best of both worlds – Autonomic’s progressive approach to technology and Ford’s incredible and global scale – to enable the kind of driver experiences and business models that move us all forward.With over 13 million vehicles currently connected to the TMC and 10 billion signals being processed per day, our platform is a leading connected vehicle platform. We are shaping the future of mobility and would love to meet you. Join our innovative team to help create new possibilities for every vehicle on the road!Autonomic was founded in 2016 and acquired in 2018. Autonomic is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company.
About Our Solutions Engineering / Pro Serv team
We are seeking a senior-level software engineer to join our solutions engineering team that improves access to and the quality of connected vehicle telemetry. Autonomic’s mission is to be the world’s leading cloud platform for connected vehicles. On an average day, we process approximately 10 billion signals (e.g., seat belt status), events (e.g., harsh braking), and commands (e.g., schedule over the air updates) from all connected vehicle types, including electric and autonomous vehicles.
As an organization, our goal is to build clean data sets and design APIs that are accessible to our customers in real-time. We maintain world-class taxonomies to organize the massive amount of vehicle data we receive. Our customers use our taxonomies and data to derive insights and make critical business decisions. The solutions engineering team is a key contributor to customer success and the long term growth of the company. Working directly with customers, we are key technical advisors and Autonomic API advocates. We seek to understand the problem our customer’s need to solve and determine the best resolution through a combination of: building upon the existing features in the product, specifying a new feature for delivery, or engaging alongside the customer to build what they need. We work to improve the developer experience, removing friction to enable our customers to bring their ideas to market quickly.
We think architecturally about how the TMC fits into a customer’s ecosystem. We are the early consumers of new features and provide valuable feedback to Autonomic’s product teams around quality, ease of use, and documentation. We work with our Customer Success team and customers to understand requirements, develop proof of concepts and service/device integrations. Our team also develops and maintains client software examples, libraries, and proof of concepts that are leveraged by our customers.
We maintain a culture of growth, openness to new ideas, practices, and community that includes publications, conferences, and meetup participation. We produce bottom-up innovation and maintain a can-do environment for developers and architects. We have the unprecedented opportunity to build the core systems in an automotive cloud with a passionate team making it happen. Join us and build something amazing.
- Deliver on the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the development and refinement of our platform’s services
- Participate in all aspects of the product life cycle: design, development, deployment, and operations
- Design and architect TMC experience, including building self service tooling
- Build, document, test, and maintain distributed systems using technologies such as Kubernetes, Kafka, PostgresQL, gRPC, REST, and Websockets
- Continuously improve existing code, infrastructure, and operational processes
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, and maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Acquire a deep understanding of technologies, services, and architecture of Autonomic’s products
- Collaborate with people in your team and across a broad variety of job functions
- Encourage, mentor, and coach members of your team
- Identify, support, and lead cases for change
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of programming experience in a professional environment
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Comprehensive understanding of software systems, including the compiler/JVM/garbage collection, distributed systems, optimizers compilers
- Experience building and designing high performance distributed systems solving large scale engineering challenges
- 5+ years experience with Java programming language (Java 11+)
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment using agile software practices
- Extremely focused with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Exhibit flexibility, prioritization, and the ability to multitask
- Self-directed, take initiative, and excellent project management skills
- Professional, friendly, and approachable at all times
- Sound understanding of object-oriented, functional, and reactive programming principles
- 4+ years working experience with with Spring/Java microservices
- 4+ years experience working with interchange formats and RPC (gRPC/Protobuf or Thrift or Avro)
- 4+ years experience working with high-performance databases, like PostgreSQL and MongoDB
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is passionate about shaping the future of connected vehicles at Autonomic!
Job Title For This Position
Our job positions are broken down internally based on job competencies that are specific to each role. Should you be hired with us, the job title that you are hired under may therefore differ slightly from what is advertised in this job posting to best align with the competencies of the role and your specific background and experience.
Our Statement Regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity
Autonomic is committed to equal opportunity in employment and to fostering a diverse workforce, free from harassment and discrimination, in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Autonomic does not discriminate on the basis of any grounds prohibited by applicable laws. Autonomic’s equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination policies apply to all employees, all applicants for employment, and all aspects of the employment relationship.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes, where needed, are available upon request. Please let us know if you need assistance completing or participating in the application process.
We consider diversity in our workforce to be an invaluable asset, and we strive to provide an inclusive work environment in which different ideas, perspectives, and beliefs are respected. It is the duty of every employee to assist Autonomic in maintaining this culture of inclusion.
Applicants who receive a job offer will undergo background checks. Autonomic complies with applicable laws regarding background checks, and applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain and correct any criminal history background information during the hiring process.
By submitting an application, I hereby certify that:
- I accurately disclosed all relevant information on this application and will, in the future, provide accurate information throughout the hiring process.
- I understand that any false statement, representation or omission of requested information may result in disqualification from employment with Autonomic, or, if discovered after I am hired, termination of employment.
- I understand the application is not an employment agreement, that (for U.S. locations only) employment with Autonomic is at will, and that employment is conditioned upon receipt of satisfactory background checks and provision of documentary proof of my legal right to work in the US or Canada, as applicable