Senior Software Engineer CommandsPhoenix, AZ
Autonomic’s open, cloud-based platform — the Transportation Mobility Cloud (TMC) will connect the diverse components of urban mobility systems — connected vehicles, mass transit, pedestrians, city infrastructure and service providers — with the goal of orchestrating a safer, more efficient and sustainable transportation network.
Autonomic is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Smart Mobility.
About the Commands Team:
The Commands team builds and runs the services and capabilities that enable cloud-to-vehicle communication, to support customers’ ability to interact with their vehicles via the TMC. This includes front-end APIs, stateful command management systems, and translation layers that allow commands to operate with a range of vehicle protocols. You’ll join the dynamic team to build and grow Au’s highly available commands solution in order to enable our customers to create a host of applications that facilitate retail command and control behaviors, autonomous vehicle management, over-the-air updates, and more.
- Design, build, and deploy highly scalable services that facilitates communication to and from the vehicles
- Write clean, efficient and testable code using Java
- Nurture inter-team synergy and facilitate cross-team collaboration with positivity.
- Support the highly available services in multiple production environments
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related major with 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 4+ years of experience designing, building and delivering micro-services using Java
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming, design patterns, and micro-service architecture.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Extremely focused with minute attention to detail, accuracy, and our customer’s needs
- Self motivated and self initiated who can work effectively both independently as well as within a team.
- An ability, experience and passion to support your services in production
- 2+ years of experience building and designing high performance distributed systems solving large scale engineering challenges.
- 2+ years of experience with components of our tech stack: Spring, gRPC, Kafka, Postgres, Kubernetes
- Hands on experience with AWS, GCP or any public cloud platform
- Experience in working with observability/traceability technologies like Grafana, Prometheus, Honeycomb, Jaeger etc.
- Knowledge of distributed messaging and streaming platforms, such as Apache Kafka and stream processing.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is passionate about shaping the future of connected vehicles at Autonomic!
Job Title For This Position
Our job positions are broken down internally based on job competencies that are specific to each role. Should you be hired with us, the job title that you are hired under may therefore differ slightly from what is advertised in this job posting to best align with the competencies of the role and your specific background and experience.
Our Statement Regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity
Autonomic is committed to equal opportunity in employment and to foster a diverse workforce, free from harassment and discrimination, in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity.
Autonomic does not discriminate on the basis of any grounds prohibited by applicable laws. Autonomic’s equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination policies apply to all employees, all applicants for employment, and all aspects of the employment relationship.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes, where needed, are available upon request. Please let us know if you need assistance completing or participating in the application process.
We consider diversity in our workforce to be an invaluable asset, and we strive to provide an inclusive work environment in which different ideas, perspectives, and beliefs are respected. It is the duty of every employee to assist Autonomic in maintaining this culture of inclusion.
Applicants who receive a job offer will undergo background checks. Autonomic complies with applicable laws regarding background checks, and applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain and correct any criminal history background information during the hiring process.
By submitting an application, I hereby certify that:
- I accurately disclosed all relevant information on this application and will, in the future, provide accurate information throughout the hiring process.
- I understand that any false statement, representation or omission of requested information may result in disqualification from employment with Autonomic, or, if discovered after I am hired, termination of employment.
- I understand the application is not an employment agreement, that (for U.S. locations only) employment with Autonomic is at will, and that employment is conditioned upon receipt of satisfactory background checks and provision of documentary proof of my legal right to work in the US or Canada, as applicable