Senior Security Operations EngineerHartford, CT
Autonomic’s open, cloud-based platform — the Transportation Mobility Cloud — will connect the diverse components of urban mobility systems — connected vehicles, mass transit, pedestrians, city infrastructure and service providers — with the goal of orchestrating a safer, more efficient and sustainable transportation network.
Autonomic is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company.
About Our Security Engineering Team
Part breaker and builder, you will work in our security engineering team securely launching new services. We are looking for Senior Security Engineers to collaboratively build a better platform for connected vehicles. Security Engineering team members will lead one of three main focus areas of Application Security, Cloud Security and DevSecOps.
- Providing insight from design to launch and beyond
- Conducting code and design reviews of tools and services
- Tracking, prioritizing, evaluating, and remediating security issues
- Create and publish amazing tools to help fix security challenges at scale
- Promote security within Engineering
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years applied cloud security knowledge of AWS
- 5+ years Experience of reviewing production code and fixes for multiple codebases in at least Java, Python, or GO
- 2+ years authoring scripts for example in AWS Lambda using Python to run in cloud environments and enforce security
- 2+ years of experience investigating the impact of cloud security engineering issues and incidents
- Ability to review and automate cloud security configurations
- Experience working with usage of asymmetric and symmetric key and secrets management in cloud environments
- Strong knowledge of web application, cloud security, and IoT security obstacles
- Demonstrate ability to recognize vulnerabilities and communicate fixes and address them
- Familiarity with dynamic application security testing (DAST), static application security testing (SAST), fuzzing, and secure coding patterns
- Knowledge of application security or/and network security or/and cloud security or a generalist
- Ability to lead by example and work effectively with engineers and cross-functional teams
- Good communication skills and ability to express issues to teams and external customers
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability from inception to completion
- Experience with PKI services such as AWS KMS and AWS Cloud HSM or equivalent
- Experience with PacBot / ScoutSuite
- Experience with vulnerability analysis within cloud environments
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is passionate about shaping the future of connected vehicles at Autonomic!
Job Title For This Position
Our job positions are broken down internally based on job competencies that are specific to each role. Should you be hired with us, the job title that you are hired under may therefore differ slightly from what is advertised in this job posting to best align with the competencies of the role and your specific background and experience.
Our Statement Regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity
Autonomic is committed to equal opportunity in employment and to fostering a diverse workforce, free from harassment and discrimination, in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity.
Autonomic does not discriminate on the basis of any grounds prohibited by applicable laws. Autonomic’s equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination policies apply to all employees, all applicants for employment, and all aspects of the employment relationship.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes, where needed, are available upon request. Please let us know if you need assistance completing or participating in the application process.
We consider diversity in our workforce to be an invaluable asset, and we strive to provide an inclusive work environment in which different ideas, perspectives, and beliefs are respected. It is the duty of every employee to assist Autonomic in maintaining this culture of inclusion.
Applicants who receive a job offer will undergo background checks. Autonomic complies with applicable laws regarding background checks, and applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain and correct any criminal history background information during the hiring process.
By submitting an application, I hereby certify that:
- I accurately disclosed all relevant information on this application and will, in the future, provide accurate information throughout the hiring process.
- I understand that any false statement, representation or omission of requested information may result in disqualification from employment with Autonomic, or, if discovered after I am hired, termination of employment.I understand the application is not an employment agreement, that (for U.S. locations only) employment with Autonomic is at will, and that employment is conditioned upon receipt of satisfactory background checks and provision of documentary proof of my legal right to work in the US or Canada, as applicable.