Senior Product Manager, Real-Time Data ProcessingPalo Alto, CARequisition ID: 293
The future of the automotive industry is in connectivity, software, and services – and Autonomic is leading the charge. Autonomic created the Transportation Mobility Cloud (TMC) to provide automakers and developers with the first cloud platform specifically designed for the world’s automotive industry. Working closely with Ford Motor Company, we are combining the best of both worlds – Autonomic’s progressive approach to technology and Ford’s incredible and global scale – to enable the kind of driver experiences and business models that move us all forward.
With over 13 million vehicles currently connected to the TMC and 10 billion signals being processed per day, our platform is a leading connected vehicle platform. We are shaping the future of mobility and would love to meet you. Join our innovative team to help create new possibilities for every vehicle on the road!
Autonomic was founded in 2016 and acquired in 2018. Autonomic is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Motor Company.
About the Role
As part of the Product Management team, you will own critical components of data processing services at our platform, defining the vision, strategy and roadmap. Reporting to the Director of Product, you will collaborate across many different teams as well as our customers and technology partners to help create the future of transportation and mobility.
About our Product Managers
You will be joining a passionate and fast-paced development team that scales and operates existing services, as well as developing new data processing services to address emerging business opportunities. The opportunity of defining and delivering needle-moving products to unlock the value of connected vehicle data is truly unique and satisfying.
- Lead a team of engineers by defining the roadmap, orchestrating and managing software development activities including daily standups, sprint planning, scoping/design sessions, and retrospectives
- Integrate broader platform-wide goals into the team’s priorities to produce a holistic roadmap
- Build scalable and efficient data processing services to ingest, filter, route, enrich, analyze and serve tens of billions of telemetry signals daily
- Specify market requirements for current and future features and enhancements by conducting market research and engaging with customers
- Effectively translate topics of the broader customer experience domain into actionable goals and tasks
- Take a lead role with engineers and other stakeholders in discussions ranging from high-concept design to deep technical levels while making sure the voice of the market and our customers are being heard
- Drive solutions across engineering teams via the Product Manager role within an Agile framework
- Work closely with our support team to provide tools & processes to ensure all phases of the Product Life Cycle are supported
- Proactively manage the team’s Roadmap, including balancing competing priorities for optimization
- Manage projects relevant to areas of expertise to bring about change in product
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, similar discipline or equivalent experience
- 4+ years in a technical product management role
- 2+ years of successful Agile delivery and project management experience working directly with engineering teams and end users
- Strong technical aptitude, coupled with excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to stay organized while managing and reporting on several ongoing milestones
- Equally comfortable interfacing with agile development teams and stakeholders at customer and partner organizations, including large multinational corporations
- Above all, you have a passion for customer success
- Demonstrable delivery success in Platform Product Manager role.
- Experience in the Connected vehicle space
- Experience with IoT Platforms
- Experience in building data processing services
- Experience in cloud computing technologies
- Experience launching & supporting high-volume products
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is passionate about shaping the future of connected vehicles at Autonomic!
Job Title For This Position
Our job positions are broken down internally based on job competencies that are specific to each role. Should you be hired with us, the job title that you are hired under may therefore differ slightly from what is advertised in this job posting to best align with the competencies of the role and your specific background and experience.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, job title, job-related knowledge, skills, education, training, and experience.
For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $170,000 to $230,000.
For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $165,000 to $200,000.
The hired applicant will be eligible to participate in our annual bonus program and equity substitute program (ESP). Employees and their families are covered by medical, dental, vision, basic life and disability insurance. Employees may also enroll in Autonomic’s 401(k) plan. Employees receive unlimited paid time off and 15 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Autonomic’s compensation programs and employee benefits are subject to change from time to time.
We are currently hiring for this position to be based out of our office in either Palo Alto or Detroit, or to be performed remotely from Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Oregon, Nevada, Utah, or Washington.
Our Statement Regarding Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity
Autonomic is committed to equal opportunity in employment and to fostering a diverse workforce, free from harassment and discrimination, in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity.
Autonomic does not discriminate on the basis of any grounds prohibited by applicable laws. Autonomic’s equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination policies apply to all employees, all applicants for employment, and all aspects of the employment relationship.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes, where needed, are available upon request. Please let us know if you need assistance completing or participating in the application process.
We consider diversity in our workforce to be an invaluable asset, and we strive to provide an inclusive work environment in which different ideas, perspectives, and beliefs are respected. It is the duty of every employee to assist Autonomic in maintaining this culture of inclusion.
Applicants who receive a job offer will undergo background checks. Autonomic complies with applicable laws regarding background checks, and applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain and correct any criminal history background information during the hiring process.