Last Updated: December 6, 2022
- Primarily, we use the personal data we collect from the websites we operate to run our services and operations. If we intend to use your personal data in a way we have not mentioned, we will let you know when we collect that information.
- Sometimes we aggregate user data anonymously to understand our user base better.
- We don’t sell your personal data. If we work with partners or contractors, they may have limited access to your personal data but only as much as needed to do their job.
- If we sell the company, personal data may be included in the transfer.
- You may have certain rights related to your personal data. Contact [email protected] to manage those rights.
- We comply with applicable U.S. and international privacy laws such as GDPR. Your data may be transferred to other countries in order for us to serve you properly.
- We take many steps to ensure your private information and account credentials are safe, including encryption and requiring two-factor authentication for our staff. To this end, if you find a security problem, contact us and we will fix it. Keep in mind, emails and communications with us are not encrypted.
Who we are: Autonomic operates a next generation transportation services platform, providing automotive manufacturers and fleet operators with real-time telematics and vehicle intelligence, including insights from machine learning to predict important trends.
Contact Us: If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your Personal Information, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide: Autonomic collects information, including Personal Information, actively provided by you from time to time when you visit our Website, including email addresses, account credentials, and, if you are applying for a job with Autonomic through our Job Board, application details. We use the information provided by you to perform our services, for talent recruitment purposes, and as described below. Information you provide to us will not be shared with external parties except as necessary to perform our services or during the recruiting process.
WHEN WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will collect Personal Information from you when you provide it to us, where we have your consent to do so, where we need the Personal Information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you or may otherwise need the Personal Information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your Personal Information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
HOW AUTONOMIC USES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Autonomic may access or process the Personal Information collected through your use of the Autonomic Website and/or platform for a range of reasons, which may include:
- To provide, operate, optimize and maintain its services;
- To manage Autonomic’s platform, system administration and security;
- To compile aggregated statistics about the operation and use of Autonomic’s services and to better understand the preferences of users;
- To carry out research and development to improve our products and services;
- To investigate and prevent fraud, unauthorized access or use of services, breaches of terms and policies, and other wrongful behavior;
- To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which Autonomic will notify you; and
- To disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities (e.g., to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
HOW AUTONOMIC HOLDS AND SECURES YOUR INFORMATION
HOW LONG AUTONOMIC RETAINS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain Personal Information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
If you are a resident of the European Union, you may have the following data protection rights with respect to your use of our Website in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. Specifically:
If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below. You can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided below. If we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect our right to have processed your Personal Information prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 13 years of age, and no part of our Website is directed to children under the age of 13. We will take steps to delete it if we learn we have inadvertently collected it.
If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us using the contact details provided below. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
3251 Hillview Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94304 USA
Attention: Privacy Team
Supplemental Notice for California Residents
Last Updated: December 8, 2022
This Supplemental Notice for California Residents applies only to individuals who are residents of California. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020, effective January 1, 2023 (collectively “CPRA”) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This notice describes how CPRA rights may apply to you and explains how to exercise those rights. The terms “personal information,” “Service Provider,” and “Business” used below will have the meanings as defined under the CPRA.
Note: Autonomic may be considered a “Business” and a “Service Provider” under the CPRA. This notice applies only to personal information we collect in our role as a Business. We will not respond to CPRA requests related to our role as a Service Provider. If you wish to exercise your rights under the CPRA regarding any personal information collected by our customers, please contact the business collecting your personal information directly.
Information We Collect
Our Website has collected the following categories of personal information from California residents within the last twelve (12) months:
|Categories of Personal Information||Examples||Collected|
|Identifiers||Name, address, email address, IP address||Yes|
|Personal Information Categories listed in the California Consumer Records Statute||Name, Mailing Address||Yes|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Information on a consumer interaction with a website||Yes|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences||Yes|
For each category of personal information listed above, our Website obtains information from a variety of sources, including from you and/or from other third parties as described in the Personal Information We Collect section above.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information (for example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry);
- To communicate with you;
- To provide and improve our Website, products, and services; and
- For other purposes described in the How Autonomic Uses your Personal Information section above.
- We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may share your personal information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose. We only make these business purpose disclosures under written contracts that describe the purposes, require the recipient to keep the personal information confidential, and prohibit using the disclosed information for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months prior to the effective date of this policy, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose.
|Categories of Personal Information||Categories of Third Parties with which we
share information for business purposes
|Internet or other similar network activity||Service Providers|
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising.
Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell (as such term is defined under the CPRA) your personal information to third parties. In other words, we do not sell, rent, share, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes personal information about individuals under the age 16.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including satisfying any legal requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (e.g., because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), we will securely store your personal information and isolate it further from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your California Rights under the CPRA
Subject to certain legal exceptions, the CPRA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CPRA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know and Data Portability
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months (the “right to know”). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information, including identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
Right to Delete
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained.
Right to Correct
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you.
How to Exercise your CPRA Rights
To exercise your rights to know,delete or correct under the CPRA, please submit a request by emailing us at [email protected] or mailing us at the address listed in the Contact Information section above.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal information. You may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period.
Your request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it.
Once we receive your request and confirm your identity, we will review your request to see if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies. Note that we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information or your correction request if it is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.);
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will delete or deidentify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
Response Timing and Format
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. If you do not receive confirmation within the 10-day timeframe, please reach out to Autonomic’s General Counsel.
We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another forty-five (45) days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CPRA rights.
We may amend this Notice from time to time. When we do, we will post the revised Notice on this Website indicating when the Notice was “Last Updated.”